Connecting to SQream Using Talend¶
This page describes how to use Talend to interact with a SQream DB cluster. The Talend connector is used for reading data from a SQream DB cluster and loading data into SQream DB.
In addition, this page provides a viability report on Talend’s comptability with SQream DB for stakeholders.
It includes the following:
Talend is an open-source data integration platform. It provides various software and services for Big Data integration and management, enterprise application integration, data quality and cloud storage.
For more information about Talend, see Talend.
Quick Start Guide¶
Creating a New Metadata JDBC DB Connection¶
To create a new metadata JDBC DB connection:
- In the Repository panel, nagivate to Metadata and right-click Db connections.
- Select Create connection.
- In the Name field, type a name.
The name cannot contain spaces.
- In the Purpose field, type a purpose and click Next. You cannot go to the next step until you define both a Name and a Purpose.
- In the DB Type field, select JDBC.
In the JDBC URL field, type the relevant connection string.
For connection string examples, see Connection Strings.
In the Drivers field, click the Add button.
The “newLine entry is added.
- One the “newLine entry, click the ellipsis.
The Module window is displayed.
- From the Module window, select Artifact repository(local m2/nexus) and select Install a new module.
- Click the ellipsis.
Your hard drive is displayed.
- Navigate to a JDBC jar file (such as sqream-jdbc-4.4.0.jar)and click Open.
- Click Detect the module install status.
- Click OK.
The JDBC that you selected is displayed in the Driver field.
- Click Select class name.
- Click Test connection.
If a driver class is not found (for example, you didn’t select a JDBC jar file), the following error message is displayed:
After creating a new metadata JDBC DB connection, you can do the following:
- Use your new metadata connection.
- Drag it to the job screen.
- Build Talend components.
For more information on loading data from JSON files to the Talend Open Studio, see How to Load Data from JSON Files in Talend.
Supported SQream Drivers¶
The following list shows the supported SQream drivers and versions:
- JDBC - Version 4.3.3 and higher.
- ODBC - Version 4.0.0. This version requires a Bridge to connect. For more information on the required Bridge, see Connecting Talend on Windows to an ODBC Database.
Supported Data Sources¶
Talend Cloud connectors let you create reusable connections with a wide variety of systems and environments, such as those shown below. This lets you access and read records of a range of diverse data.
- Connections: Connections are environments or systems for storing datasets, including databases, file systems, distributed systems and platforms. Because these systems are reusable, you only need to establish connectivity with them once.
- Datasets: Datasets include database tables, file names, topics (Kafka), queues (JMS) and file paths (HDFS). For more information on the complete list of connectors and datasets that Talend supports, see Introducing Talend Connectors.
Supported Tool and Operating System Versions¶
Talend was tested using the following:
- Talend version 7.4.1M6
- Windows 10
- SQream version 2021.1
- JDBC version <version number>